- Relieves musculoskeletal problems and improves posture.
- Increases body awareness
- Relieves pregnancy discomforts
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion.
- Relieves pain for migraine suffers and decreases the need for medication.
- The relaxing properties of massage can help to decrease the heart rate.
- Relieves tingling in arms and legs.
- Improves range of motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.
- Releases endorphins - the body's natural painkiller - and is being used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Promotes easier and deeper breathing.
- Can help to release muscles that are pressing on nerves, therefore relieving pain, increasing joint flexibility.
- Reduces spasms and cramping.
- Decreases inflammation.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
- Promotes speedy recovery from injuries (work, trauma, accident or sports-related)
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body's largest organ - the skin.
- Improves and strengthens the immune system.
- Improves circulation.
- Put simply, it feels great
- Overall relaxation, which is very important for helping reduce stress, tension,anxiety and the effects of these
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection
- It helps to ease the mental distress that is caused by being in pain
- Massage can help improve you self confidence and self esteem
- It releases endorphins, which are the body’s natural “feel good” chemicals, giving you a natural high
- Helps relieve mental stess
- Massage creates an overall feeling of wellbeing
- Enhanced sleep quality
And it Feels Great !
Research Findings Show Positive Effects of Massage
Studies on the benefits of massage and bodywork are ongoing. One of the organisations at the forefront of the research is the Miami University School of Medicine Touch Research Institute, in Miami, Florida.
The Touch Research Institute have conducted some 78 studies on the positive effects of massage therapy on many functions and medical conditions in varied age groups.
Check out their findings in more detail at: